Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Squares vs. Hexagons - All In A Day's Play

After a lovely visit from our young granddaughter, it was time to get down to brass tacks and clay again. I clayed while she was here but not with the same focus as when I'm working alone. She's a very mature 3-year old, but she's still a 3-year old.

I've had the nicest couple of days with my clay, falling in love with it all over again. Also, our clay buddy Matt of the newly opened ClaybyKerm at Etsy has done the impossible... he has me thinking in hexagons instead of squares! I just know he's laughing behind his hand as he reads this, as we've had a few conversations about square vs. hexagon. :) I'm not sure if he's completely converted me or not. Hexagons are rather interesting, though, as I'm learning.

Here is what is on my clay table today, and it was hard WORK (okay if I'm being honest it was hard play....), and I'm going back to play some more. Hope you like these!

Click to see larger photo:

4 comments:

  1. I love them all! Such gorgeous colors. The hexagon has a victorian lacy look. I absolutely love Matt's canes but I think you can do more with square canes.... shhh.... don't tell him I said that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard play = good! Really pretty designs. Love your choice of color.
    Linda from Physaria Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I have been teaching kali cane workshops and I find that some people just find squares and others hexagons easier to work with. I am a square girl too

    ReplyDelete