Friday, February 11, 2011

AyeletBeads A Winner

I'd like to tell you all a little bit about a friend of mine, Ayelet, who is the owner of AyeletBeads. Ayelet hails from New Zealand and she has been developing with polymer clay for a few years very impressively. Her works are better and better all the time, love to see that happen to polymer clayers. Her canes are gorgeous and her jewelry is awe-inspiring for its beautiful textures, colors and design.

Here is a link to her Flickr site for some yummy eye candy:
AyeletBeads at Flickr

(I wasn't kidding, was I?)

She also does craft shows and has an Etsy shop named AyeletBeads here.

One of Ayelet's claims to fame is that she writes the BEST polymer clay tutorials! (Hint: check her Etsy shop for the tutorials.) I have several of them and they never fail to please. I've been able to use them in a few different ways making them indispensible to me. So a few months ago, I got this awesome "Magic Flower Cane" tutorial from her and was so wanting to try it out. Then I became unable to clay due to a pinched nerve for a couple of months, so I couldn't do it. But now that I'm doing better, I pulled it out, and gave it a try. It's a great tutorial! Easy and fun (just don't make your cane huge like I did!) and with great possibilities.

Thank you, Ayelet, for being such a nice woman, an awesome polymer clayer, a good friend and a good tutorial writer!

Below is the photo of my first cane made with her Magic Flower Cane tutorial. Something weird went on with the white clay in this cane, it was way too soft and compressed together when I reduced it, but I still like the flower very much. I'm going to make another one shortly, hopefully the white clay will behave next time. Ayelet, I hope I made you proud. (((Ayelet)))

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful first flower, even if the white went wacky! But then, you do lovely canework!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laurel. I'm expecting the next one to turn out even better. Her tutorial is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought her dual tutorial combo on Etsy last week! I can't wait to try them out. Her work is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Jackie, that is an awesome cane! And your photography is awesome too.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will have lots of fun, Kate! Ayelet makes tutorials easy with good results.
    Thanks, Sandy! It's probably more the editing program than the photography, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love her canes and am lucky enough to get some of them - (you got to have connections LOL)
    and I certainly love her work....
    but most of all - I love her...

    Liat R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liat, you are lucky to have an inside connection! She's awesome, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jackie I agree she writes great tutorials! Haven't tried that one but your cane looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jackie
    your cane is beautiful. Yes I know Ayelet and know her work is outstanding. Great she is putting N.Z. on the map. I came from there too but have lived in Aus a long time now.
    I too buy Tuts, besides the Cindy Videos, when I see a good one, and will look at Ayelets.
    Have a great day.
    Love
    E. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ayelet is a very sweet person and her clay work is amazing, I always look forward to her postings on Polymer Clay Central. You made a beautiful cane with her tutorial, I can see more of these in your future. You did good!! It is so good to see you claying again!! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for comments on the cane, ladies. BJ I could just hug you because I know you care so much about me claying again. That's nice!

    Hugs to all of you, may your clay behave and your body hang in there so you can keep claying.

    :) Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG wow! ladies, Jackie,
    I am speechless and in tears...and usealy its not easy to get me in tears,
    Jackie your kindness has no borders, your haert is so good and big... you make the world a better place for all of us, thank you thank you thank you!
    your cane is amazing, you doing better then me, making me want to make few more of them. its like you make me want to be better....in a good way .

    I am reading all these comments and i am overwelmed, your comments ...I cant belive it...realy?? thank you !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo hooo, we're so MEAN, we made Ayelet cry! LOL, Ayelet, we didn't even touch on how good and nice and sweet and loving and talented you are all the time. You're a good woman and we are lucky to have you in our lives. You are welcome, but I say THANK YOU to you, for all that you do and are. (((((Ayelet)))))

    ReplyDelete