Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Beautiful Jesus Nativity Scene

I've been terrible about blogging lately. But I took photos of my one-of-a-kind and seriously beautiful hand-painted gourds Nativity set and decided to share it here today. This little Nativity set is usually the focal point of our Christmas decor.

Click on the photos to enlarge them.


The stable is slightly large for the set, but it adds a nice backdrop at the same time, I think. My husband was so sweet to find the stable and bring it home right after the set arrived here from the artist.

The close up photos that I took this year aren't the best, but look closely to see the incredible attention to detail and careful work of the artist. She is AMAZING!


I admire every piece when I unwrap them each year, and place them carefully with a smile on my face each time. They are special.

And now the bad news.... the wonderful artist who did my Nativity Scene is so backlogged that she's not taking new orders. Bummer! Her name is Helen Eyers and I just know you'll be chafing at the bit once you check out her blog and her beautiful (there really should be a better word) gourds here:

Litte Round Lady Creations

I'm happy that I was able to get this Nativity set from her before she got overwhelmed with orders. Thank you, Helen, I think of you often, but with special enjoyment of your excellent artistry at this time of year.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie these are beautiful and so right for his time of year each face has character as you can see. The pics are ok BTW. I will look her site up.
    I am just having a quiet time now as it is after Christmas and the busy time is all over for another year.
    Blessings to you and yours, thanks for showing us your lovely acquisitions.
    All the best for the New Year
    love
    Elizabeth.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Helen does gorgeous work! Lucky you to have her painted treasures!

    I hope that you and your hubby had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This set is really beautiful and so original! A lot of talent and work went into it! I will look at Helen's website (and probably get really jealous!)

    Hugs,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just precious and quite clever. I'd love to have that in my home, unfortunately so would me cats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jackie,
    It is hard to believe that these beautiful pieces were once tiny gourds. Helen Eyers is a wonderful artist. You are very fortunate to have her Nativity Set and I think DH picked out the perfect stable. It showcases Helen's creations so well.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful Nativity Scene Jackie! Each piece is just lovely and so unique. I'm going to check out the artist's site right now. :) Thanks for sharing.
    ~Trina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jackie, that's a great nativity scene. Thanks for your comment on my blog about the fire. I don't think the cat and bear turned up the heat, I'm in Arizona and it was warm in the garage :)0. It might have been the cat though, my real one likes being under the afghans.

    ReplyDelete