Saturday, May 28, 2011

Almost a Repeat


In my last blog post on May 10th, I shared snow and kitty bibs. Well guess what? I might as well call this one the same thing, because even though it is May 28th and we should be seeing some summer weather by now.... it's still winter. To prove it, I took a photo out my front door tonight, nice, huh? Grrrrr! No more snow! To add insult to injury, I just heard the snowplows going up and down the street. And it's still snowing... sigh.

On a happier note, granddaughter Gracie is here with me this week, and I took the opportunity to snap a photo of her in the famous Kitty Bib. She sure has grown since that last photo taken in September 2009. She's been a complete joy to care for, she's a little angel child and is no problem at all. She's the sweetest little thing, seriously. She cried only once this week, and that was when I tried to get her to watch the DVD "Lilo and Stitch" instead of watching her "Barbie" DVD for the 14th time. Guess who won? Yep, it was like David and Goliath again, and we watched "Barbie". LOL!


I'm having so much fun, what a blessed life I have and a wonderful family who are willing to "lend" me their children to enjoy for a few days in the autumn of my life. They couldn't be better to be me in that regard, and I'm very happy. :)

8 comments:

  1. Gracie is such a darling!! How fun for you that you get nice quality time to spend with your grandchildren at your house! The family heirloom kitty bib looks brand new, even after all it's use!

    The snow... Well Jackie, I just don't know what to say about that! I can't believe you still have to deal with snow. I'm hoping warmer temps come your way soon!

    ~Trina

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sure is a cutie pie! And YES, you are blessed! Except when it comes to weather that is, LOL. I hope that summer weather arrives before the calendar gets any further along...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gracie is so precious and I love Kitty Bib. I'm so glad for both of you that you are so much in each others lives. MORE snow? ARG, you poor thing! You have had such a winter. I hope you move directly to summer now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is ADORABLE!!! Oh my goodness! She is soooo cute!! You can see the 'sweetness' written all over her face :)))

    So sorry about the snow :( surely you will eventually get a summer, hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! Little Gracie is wonderful, and the snow really doesn't bug me that much unless I have to go outside, which I don't right now. I'm sick of being cold and wearing all my winter clothes, but I'm okay with it. The gas company here is going to be making a nice "bonus" this year with us all running our furnaces 24/7, that's for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a lucky Grandma.... such sweet grandbabies!! You are giving them the gift of happy memories they will remember all their lives. My favorite childhood memories are of the time I spent with my grandparents.

    The snow will surly stop sometime...... hopefully sooner rather than later! Keep your chin up my dear!

    Hugs,
    BJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are going to be snowed in, what better than to be snowed in with such a sweet grandchild.
    She is so beautiful Jackie! I know what you mean about watching the same movie over and over. My Granddaughter Melissa (Trina's daughter) was like that with The Wizard of OZ. She actually became Dorothy and when someone asked her name one day, she told them she was Dorothy Gale from Kansas. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, sweet grandbabies! LOL, Sandy, that's funny about Melissa!

    It's snowing again today. June 1st. Sigh.

    :) I'm going to go CLAY!

    ReplyDelete